This is a take on something we had often during my scouting days. It’s something that I have shared with numerous people over the years on camp sites, I hope those that I have passed this onto enjoy it as much as we do.
Ingredients for 4
If there are more of less of you, just alter the numbers to match. While we have said sausages below, you can use chipolata or any type of sausage.
Mix it up and see which ones you prefer. Also with cheese I just use as much as I want on the day, I don’t tend to measure much of it out anymore.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan
- Fry the sausages until golden brown, around 15-20 mins
- Remove the sausages from the pan
- Add the beans to the pan along with the dried chilli flakes and heat through (around 4-5 minutes)
- Return the sausages to the pan and cook together for a few minutes
- Season to your liking
- Serve and add the cheese once served
This is a great meal to start the day, fairly simple to cook and tastes amazing.