I got this from another camper a good few years ago. While I do like the smell of bacon in a morning I can’t have that 7 days when camping and this comes in a close second.
The name is exactly what it sounds, spicy fried eggs.
Ingredients for 2
If there are more of less of you, just alter the numbers to atch.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan
- Once hot, add the onion until golden brown
- Add the peppers, garlic and chilli flakes and cook until the peppers are soft.
- Add the tomatoes and reduce heat. Let it simmer for around 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to season.
- Make two holes in the mixture and carefully break the eggs into the holes and cook until the eggs are cooked (around 4 minutes)
As mentioned this was given to me a few years ago and one I use regularly. If I’m cooking it for the kids, I don’t add the salt as I try and limit there in take of salt.
Hi, I am Amy I have two loves in my life camping and writing. When I am not writing for The Expert Camper, I am usually camping. Lake District is one of my favourite spots, but really anywhere in the UK under canvas I am happy.