As a family we have been trying to reduce our meat consumption, more to help the environment but also for health reasons.
So one day a week we have zero meat and fish and another day, we go meat free but have fish and this doesn’t stop when we go camping.
This is a quick meal I can cook up that we all enjoy and is full of flavour.
A lovely couple gave me this idea maybe two years ago when camping at Manor Farm.
Ingredients for 4
If there are more of less of you, just alter the numbers to match.
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan
- Add the onions and cook until soft
- Add the mushrooms and fry for a few minutes
- Add the tomato puree, the mustard and the Crème fraîche. Cook for around 5 minutes and stir constantly
- Add salt and pepper to season