Motorhome registrations are growing in the UK, and with it, more people are signing up for memberships with various organisations that cater to caravan and motorhome travellers.
Both the Caravan and Motorhome Club and the Camping and Caravanning Club are two of Britain’s largest and most popular holiday organisations. Providing outstanding services and benefits to those who love this holiday style, these clubs help members make the most of their trip.
So which is best: Caravan and Motorhome Club or Camping and Caravan Club? Both have great advantages and can offer a whole host of holiday enjoyments, so it can be challenging to know which one to choose.
This guide will provide you with the benefits of each organisation, which will hopefully help you make your decision between the two. Whichever one you decide, you’ll be sure to guarantee a fun-filled holiday and make plenty of memories.
Caravan and Motorhome Club — Why Join?
Providing excellent services for around one million motorhome, caravan, and trailer tent owners, The Caravan Club has been at the forefront of caravanning holidays for over 100 years. They provide access to the largest network of sites in the UK and Europe, many of which are in the UK’s most picturesque coastal and rural locations.
Plus, they offer advice and support for their members through the online Club Together community. Members can meet other members, receive guidance, and share their personal experiences and stories.
Some membership benefits include:
- Exclusive access to motorhome and caravan insurance
- Access to the largest network of excellent sites in Europe and the UK
- Exclusive access to certificated locations: 2500 premium five-van sites
- On-call access to technical and practical advice
- Access to the exclusive monthly magazine
- Exclusive travel service for overseas holidays
- Zero deposits and free cancellations up to 72 hours in advance
- UK club owned sites offer a £10 a night discount on pitch fees
- Exclusive access to the online community ‘Club Together’
Camping and Caravan Club — Why Join?
The Camping and Caravanning Club is smaller than The Caravan Club, offering under half of the latter’s sites. However, this doesn’t take away from the quality of their offerings.
Indeed, it’s cheaper to become a member of this organisation. With it costing £37 a year for online membership and £43 for paper membership, Camping and Caravanning offers a whole host of benefits to its holidaymakers.
Accommodating a large range of member units, including small tents to large caravans and motorhomes, the organisation caters to all types of camping holidays.
The membership benefits include:
- Up to 30% off site fees, with an extra 25% off for those over 60 years
- 108 sites with award-winning status
- An extra 1,600 certified sites, all of which are member exclusive
- Free technical support and advice
- Up to 10% off ferry crossings
- 150 campsites in 13 different European countries
- Specialist breakdown cover with the RAC, titled Arrival
- Unit matching services
- An award-winning magazine
- Other offers and additional discounts via the club’s business partners
Which Caravan Club Is Best for You?
Hopefully, this guide has provided you with enough detail when making your decision between the Caravan and Motorhome Club and the Camping and Caravanning Club.
With both organisations offering unique and exciting benefits, all it comes down to is a personal preference. We recommend checking out the various membership fees and discounts alongside maps of the sites and other perks, such as community support/
Whichever you decide, one thing’s for sure: the service will be exceptional, the benefits will be great, and you’ll make wonderful holiday memories for years to come.